Insurance

Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation is pleased to participate in most Medicare, Medicaid and managed care plans, as well as and other insurance providers, as well as workers' compensation, no fault and other insurance providers.

However, it is the responsibility of each patient to provide us accurate insurance information; any necessary physician referrals or prescriptions; and any required co-payments. We recommend that you confirm your coverage and benefits before beginning your rehabilitation program.

Referrals

You must obtain any referral(s), prescription(s) or authorization(s) required by your insurance. If the necessary form(s) is not presented, you may be held responsible for payment for any evaluation and treatment provided.

Co-payments

Patients are responsible to pay any required co-payments at the time of service. For your convenience, Kessler accepts cash, personal check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We encourage you to contact your insurance company to determine your co-payment.

Changes in coverage

Please advise our office staff immediately if your insurance changes. To ensure your eligibility, we will contact your new carrier, verify coverage and assist you in obtaining the necessary documentation to ensure that your claims will be processed accurately.

Similarly, we ask that you notify us if you change your primary care physician.

Accident coverage

If you were involved in an auto accident, please be aware that New Jersey is a "No Fault" state. That means each party involved in an auto accident — regardless of who is at fault - must use his or her own insurance. If you do not have your own auto insurance, please notify our office if any legal or blood relative living in your household, has such coverage.

Personal Injury Protection

Please advise us if you have chosen your health insurance as your primary Personal Injury Protection (PIP). Note that your auto insurance will cover 80% of your therapy bill. The remaining 20% and deductible will either be billed to your health insurance carrier or be your financial responsibility.

You will be asked to complete a PIP application in order to process your auto claim. This will enable us to furnish medical information to your insurance company and may allow you to be reimbursed for any lost wages.

Under PIP coverage, physical therapy, occupational therapy and chiropractic benefits are combined. If you choose to visit a chiropractor while also participating in a physical and/or occupational therapy program, you will be responsible for payment if benefits are denied.

Patient Responsibility

Failure to notify our office of any changes related to your insurance, coverage or benefits will result in your being held responsible for any and all charges incurred.

Font
A
A
A